I had so much fun talking with Greg Hartle (of Ten Dollars and a Laptop) last year. This video just resurfaced, so I’m posting it here. It’s wide ranging: leadership, social media, social networks, skills, the workplace – so much fun…
Here are most of the cited links & resources (the commentary is from my email to Greg):
1. Clay Shirky’s Here Comes Everybody. The examples in the book are a little dated but the overall observations holds. And we’re only at the beginning…
3. Derek Sievers’ How to Start a Movement in Three Minutes. Where I’d quibble with him is on the idea that leadership is overrated. I think it’s just the idea of leader at the top that’s overrated – leadership is a role, not a person, it’s important but can be shared. And the more, the merrier.
8. June Holley’s blog is a great intro to Social Network Analysis
9. Here’s my presentation on Crowdfunding from REVV 2011.
10. Learning platforms – here’s a good summary of potential disruptors. Here’s a list of learning platforms.